Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the most difficult conditions for ISC application?
2. The advancement of ISC front in the dry forward ISC can be related directly to the deficiency of?
3. The advancement of ISC front in the reverse ISC can be related directly to the deficiency of?
4. Why the reverse ISC process is not feasible in a reservoir with high temperature (>40-50 0C)?
5. What are the critical conditions to be respected in order to apply correctly the THAI process?
6. Why the short-circuit of oxygen (premature O2 break-through) does not occur in the THAI process?
7. Is the ISC process applicable after CHOPS (Cold Heavy Oil Production with Sand)?
8. Which are the conditions for a successful in-situ combustion (ISC) process application in the field?
9. Is in-situ combustion (ISC) proven as a tertiary commercial process for waterflooded heavy oil reservoirs?
10. What are the prospects of application of in-situ combustion (ISC) in the heavy oil reservoirs located at high depths and having a high reservoir temperature (>60-70 0C)?
11. What are the prospects of application of ISC as a tertiary process after steamflood?